EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM BEGINS
AMS EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
The Mission of the Virginia Center for Montessori Studies (VCMS) is to prepare adults pursuing a Montessori certification to facilitate in children a sense of self-confidence that encourages inquisitiveness, initiative, independence, and a joy in learning. We foster the development of caring, respectful individuals, who will have a positive influence on the world.
Virginia Center for
Montessori Studies (VCMS) is founded upon Dr. Maria Montessori’s
philosophy of human development and education.
The early childhood Certification Program (ages 2 1/2 - 6 years)
prepares adult learners as Montessori professionals. Our
program is affiliated with the American Montessori Society (AMS).
Our program is affiliated with the American Montessori Society (AMS).
The next two-year Early Childhood program cycle is scheduled for June 2016 through June 2018. The program can be completed in one year at an accelerated pace. Please contact VCMS for details.
We believe that Montessori Adult Education:
· Provides the highest quality application of Montessori philosophy
· Encourages an exceptionally high level of intellectual excellence
· Facilitates exploration and growth
· Provides opportunities to learn through a practical, discover-oriented approach
· Maintains the integrity and dignity of the adult learner
We look forward to being part of your Montessori journey.
Mary MacIntosh and Michele Mohar, Directors